Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday night

I had the week off chemo to try and get my WBC, RBC, & platelet counts back up. I know they must be extremely low because I can barely hold my head up. My legs feel too weak to carry me and my arms are, also, very weak. I sleep for about 12-14 hours and struggle to get out of bed. Then, I make my way downstairs & start drinking water to avoid dehydration. Eating is a HUGE problem-weight continues to be an issue. Midway through the day, I have to go back to bed for a couple of hours. I showered & washed my hair & it was like running a marathon. Kara dried it for me, but will come back tomorrow to use the curling iron. Too much at once for tonight. I am still battling nausea. I keep switching my meds out trying to get the nausea under control. I go between Zofran, Ativan, & Compazine. Tonight, my ribs are giving me the vise-like feeling in my side, so I am taking a pain pill, too. The pain has lessened from a 10 to a 3-4-bearable.  I know this will pass. It's just very hard right now. I need strength, energy, pain relief, nausea relief, and an appetite. I'll also take some sunshine. Anyone have any of the above? Send it my way. So, as of today, I'm 1/4 of the way done with chemo. Sure is going s-l-o-w! Good night, Linda

2 comments:

  1. wish i could send you a smile half as bright as the one you've always greeted me with. :) lots of good thoughts and positive energy going out your way. you're making your way to the end of this journey -- you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will soon be a part of the past. STAY STRONG WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU WITH THOUGHTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS. SUNSHINE TOMORROW IS ALL FOR YOU.... LOVE,KAREN

    ReplyDelete