Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday-1/19/10 No chemo today

I went to get my chemo and after drawing the blood for my counts and chemistries, the counts were too low to receive chemo. My WBC's and platelets, especially were very low. The plan is to take another week off, get the Gemzar next Tuesday, and then the following week, the Gemzar & Cisplatin. After that, a shot of Neulasta which stimulates growth & maturity of white blood cells. Only problem with that-the bone, joint, & muscle pain and other side effects that come with it. Although, I am quite disappointed, I know we have to keep things safe. This will extend my treatment time. Oh well, what's a little bump in the road now? I've been up & down mountains! Linda

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! Don't let this bum you out. Look at it as another week off to rest and get stronger. Also, I've heard that the bone pain from Neulasta is a good thing -- it means your bone marrow is working and producing new white cells. You have to look at the positives. Don't Worry, Be Happy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda or Kara, Where do you stay when you go to Siesta Key? That beach looks very familiar. Do you stay at one of the resorts or condos there right on the beach? Let me know cause we are looking for a different place to stay when we go there next month. Thanks Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen ... we stay at a condo in Crystal Sands ... it is the tall building in the top left corner of the bottom beach photo to the right ... hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Kara,that helps alot!!!

    ReplyDelete