Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday night ~ aren't drugs wonderful?!



I spent four hours at UPMC today. I got my usual, Kytril, Ativan, Decadron & rescue fluids. Today, they added Potassium. I feel pretty good tonight, I guess that's relative to how I usually slog through my days. They really want me to try to continue with this Cisplatin. It is VERY strong, harsh, and rough. Although, it is a sister drug to Carboplatin which I had preoperatively-this one is called the "wicked sister." I had thought of asking the Dr. to cut back the dose but my nurses today really spent a long time with me and are highly encouraging me to try to stick this out. They said it is the "Gold Standard" of drugs for my diagnosis, my insurance policy against recurrence, etc., etc., etc. So, here I go again. Nine more weeks as of next Tuesday. Then I come home from chemo and make a huge X on that day on the countdown chart. This is going to be a long Jan., Feb., & March. Tomorrow, we are going to try to ride up by Lake Erie if I can tolerate it. Then we will get a Wendy's baked potato (potassium) to eat in the car. AAhhhhhhh, what an exciting day! I can't go in anywhere because of my counts so the SUV is our restaurant.  :)  Hope your weekend is exciting as mine. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Linda

5 comments:

  1. You are such a trip. :) You will do this!! Even if you have to go in every week for fluids & potassium -- you WILL DO IT! Not too much longer. Every day you are getting closer to that Florida vacation. Keep up the good work!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU MOMMOO
    I CANT WAIT UNTIL YOU GET BETTER

    LOVE KARLYNN

    ReplyDelete
  3. HopE this evening is the end to a better day . I agree with Kara, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU WITH PRAYERS AND POSITIVE ENERGY.... LOVE,KAREN

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. The above picture is proof that you NEED to go in routinely and get fluids. I can't believe you went from lying on the bathroom floor to DANCING around your family room!?!?! Keep on eating those potassium-rich foods! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent picture, with some great smiles! And, is that a Texas hat you're wearing :-)

    ReplyDelete