Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday morning

Well, I got a call from UPMC and my potassium is low again. Tomorrow, I'll head in there for a 4 hour treatment of potassium, anti-nausea drugs, steroids, & fluids. That usually means I'll get through the weekend in good shape. The nurse said the Cisplatin often causes this potassium deficit. I felt like I was eating well this week. My Dad will be taking me tomorrow so this will be funny. I have a feeling he will get very comfortable in a recliner in the treatment room & fall asleep. I'm going to tell him he better not start sleeping too deeply or they may hook him up to some meds. If you know my Dad, you would know he could sleep through anything. Haha. Drive carefully today in the ice & snow. Linda

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! I am glad you are going in tomorrow. Maybe you will come home and dance in the family room again! :) Have a great day and make sure you keep grandpa awake -- if he starts snoring everyone will wonder what that sound is! Haha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you get a great big dose of the Special K+ Hope you will then dance the weekend away. Wow Did I just write a poem? I need to get some rest before a busy day at work. All of your old ortho boyfriends ask about you all the time...You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!!!! Love Ya!!!!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I sent you one befor. I will try again. DAD..............

    ReplyDelete