Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So Glad It's Over

Well, today was one of the most stressful , overwhelming days of my life. It was so long & tiring. We arrived at UPMC at 8:15 a.m., and finally got back home after 8:00 p.m. I feel pretty good as far as the nausea goes, I had a ton of drugs for nausea, anesthesia, etc. It was very difficult to wake up. The POWER PORT is quite painful. They tried to give me Dilaudid, Percocet, Vicodin, but I refused. I just wanted to GO HOME! Now, I am sufferring for my decision. The resident said it should feel fine by tomorrow. Easy for him to say. So anyway, I am taking Advil and it hurts! Shawn is flying back to Charlotte tomorrow :( but I'll have Kara & Alan. YAY. It sounds like the surgeons felt pretty hopeful. I, of course, remember nothing, but that's what my fam says. This type of tumor is very responsive to the chemo. So, now starts the next part of my journey. Thank you all again, and Kara, Shawn, & Alan, I LOVE you all more than you will ever know!

1 comment:

  1. Take your pain pills as soon as you can! I know you are so glad to be back at home. What a long day! Get some rest and I'll see you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete