Friday, August 21, 2009

GOOD DAYS, BAD DAYS

Well yesterday was one of those downer days-Dr.(Tell it like it is) Wilson did not hold anything back. It was way too much information to take in at one time. Our appt. with him lasted over 1-1/2 hours and was jam-packed with risks, statistics, side-effects, etc. I couldn't listen any more. Today, back to UPMC for a specialized CT scan that would be analyzed by the Dr., physicist, radiation therapist, and the exact coordinates would be plotted for my radiation Rx. I was then injected under the skin with India Ink which tatooed areas for radiation. Then I was marked externally over these sites. I will have more drawings at my next appt. Amazingly, today I felt better. I was in the scanner with my arms secured above my head for about 30 minutes. They were afraid to access my port for the contrast, so, yes, another IV today. I feel like a colander. Ursula, my radiation therapist was tall and blonde and I kept thinking she seemed like straight out of a James Bond movie. (Probably the combination of all the high tech equipment in the room we were in, her name and her looks.) So, preliminary plans look like 7 1/2 weeks of radiation 5 days a week. The actually zapping is only 30 seconds-it takes longer for the positioning. To all of my guardian angels out there, calling, visiting, sending cards, food, gifts, prayers, good wishes, etc.-my family and I "THANK YOU."

3 comments:

  1. If you forget for one second that you are strong, courageous, funny, smart and blessed, and so entirely loved by everyone who knows you, just call me and I'll remind you. :) You are amazing and we are all so proud of you. Hope you are resting and relaxing ... and eating! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...7 1/2 weeks, so you'll be all set for a christmas miracle then, right. :) it's okay to recognize that you don't have an easy road ahead of you -- just don't lose sight of the fact that you are stronger than anything they can throw at you, and your family makes you even stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time Linda! We are praying for you and I have my whole church praying for you as well!
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

    Love, Sandi

    ReplyDelete