Sunday, August 23, 2009

More Tests Tomorrow!

O.K., so tomorrow at 9:00 a.m., I go to Jameson Hospital for an Esophageal Transit Study & Gastic Emptying Scan. I think I swallow some sort of radioactive substance & they fluoro as I swallow. I am not researching this too much- don't want to know-sometimes ignorance is bliss. They have to check my esophagus which has decided to act up a bit due to the scleroderma. What's one more little bump in the road? Anyway, if I can get this MRI of the brain done sooner & the medical oncologist gets everything in order...there is a possibility of starting Rx this Wednesday. This will consist of the radiation therapist doing a confirmatory simulation which entails obtaining films for the radiation oncologist to verify accurate set up. Once these films are approved by the Dr., the first Rx will begin. I don't know too much about chemo yet, I go to him on Tuesday. Isn't it amazing how life changes make you an expert on things you never thought you would need to know? Linda

2 comments:

  1. You will be fine. Hopefully tomorrow's appointment is a little quicker than the previous ones!!! It should be. Call me and let me know how it went. Me, Jen, and Cooper will be thinking of you as usual.

    We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling bad that I won't be there tomorrow. I wonder if you'll glow afterwards. Hahaha … seriously, call me when you are all finished. Maybe we'll get some nice, fattening, calorie-laden lunch! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete