Sunday, August 23, 2009

Radiation Oncologist Message

Well, here it is Sunday afternoon, and my Dr. just called me. He calls me after hours all the time...very dedicated. I think he lives in his office like a mad scientist. He said he has my plan of care together for the radiation and depending on how quickly I can get my brain MRI done and how quickly the medical oncologist is ready (I see him Tuesday), we will be ready to start Rx. He said he was very happy & surprised with how my plan came together. He said it usually is quite complicated & time-consuming. He said he felt someone must be praying for me. I assured him that was true! His major emphasis was on nutrition, staying strong throughout this so that I could remain a surgical candidate after treatment is completed. He said calories, calories, calories! So, now that I have an excuse to eat, it's incredibly hard and everything tastes like sawdust. Isn't that how it goes? Keep up the prayers & good wishes...it's working. Love you all, Linda

6 comments:

  1. what great news! bring on the cavetelli, fried cheese, cinnamon rolls and all the other delicacies at the canfield fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so you need calories!!!picture my butt and they shall be sent to you through some form of osmosis. you know what you need to da and i know you will follow the drs. orders.remember, i may not be with you physically but i am right there beside you holding your hand. i love you . debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Hi...it's Laura (I'm saying my name in that voice we always do!!). I've been following your blog and you are such an inspiration to everyone. I know you are a strong, positive woman!! I used to work with Dr.Landrenau back at AGH when I was first out of anesthesia school. He is a great surgeon with lots of experience. You are in good hands. I have been praying for you and your family....can't wait to see your grand-daughter at Stadium Drive. If Kara needs any help with school stuff please let me know. Stay positive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I agree....The canfield fair is coming up and it's your FAV...Calories everywhere!!! Keeping your in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aunt Debbie ~ just to let you know, you actually had my mom laughing out loud. Thanks! :)

    Laura ~ Thank you, it is great to have a resource person as we start our kindergarten adventure!

    Mom ~ I am so proud of you for actually eating dinner tonight! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete