Friday, August 28, 2009

Monday's Game Plan

We will try this (chemo) again on Monday. I have to go to UPMC at 11:00 for an appointment with my medical oncologist to be checked after the reaction I had on Wednesday. Then, at 12:30, we start the one hour of pre-medications to try to avoid any allergic reactions, nausea, vomiting, etc. Then, they will begin the Carboplatin (probably with a crash cart by my side!) I can no longer have the other drug because of the severe reaction-they didn't feel they wanted to risk a cardiac arrest-nor do I! So, even though I am down to only one chemo drug, they feel it is going to be effective enough combined with the radiation. As my radiation oncologist explained, the chemo sets up the target and then the radiation acts on that. After the chemo is completed, I go to the radiation oncologist at 2:30 and get the three areas zapped! I sure hope this goes well on Monday. I am so ready to start annihilating this nastiness. So now this weekend, we have to have positive thoughts that this is going to be an effective treatment on Monday. No bumps in the road Monday-I'm just asking for one s-m-o-o-t-h day. Peace, Linda

11 comments:

  1. Monday will be a good day -- you'll see! Looks like there are less side effects expected w/ the carbo. You will do great! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREEE WITH KARA I KNOW ALL WILL GO WELL ON MONDAY. I WILL PRAY EXTRA PRAYERS FOR YOU THIS WEEKEND AT CHURCH. LOVE KAREN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, no side effects for you! You'll do great because you are the strongest person EVER!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love,
    Shawn, Jen and Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your going to do great we'll be praying for you. And thinking of you Monday. I'll call you Monday.

    Love,
    Barb & Fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your support. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're praying for you, you're going to do great on Monday!
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mom! I am sure it will be morning by the time you read this. You will do awesome! Karlynn told me that she was sending good thoughts to God, who would send them to you. I hope you got them!! Don't Worry, Be Happy! WE LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good thoughts and prayers coming from columbiana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda....I hope everything went as planned today. We'll help you beat this thing together. Lots of good thoughts coming your way from work....

    ReplyDelete
  10. PLEASE POST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WE ARE ALL WAITING AND PRAYING THAT YOU ARE SAFELY AT HOME THIS EVENING

    ReplyDelete
  11. linda,the ocean is beautiful and calm now and i have been sending strong thoughts to you and god.i haven't heard anything yet (it's nearly 9 mon.nite) si i will know,no news is good news.i'll check on here tomorrow. p.s. i ate enough this weeken so i am sending calories to you again by osmosis!!! hope you like shrimp!!! chuck sends his love and prayers also. love you debbie h

    ReplyDelete