Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday

I have been having an increasingly rapid pulse and shortness of breath. I called the pulmonologist today & went in to see him. He thought there may be a pulmonary embolism. I ended up at NSH for a CT scan of chest and ultrasound of the legs. They were negative for clots. He's supposed to call me back tonight or tomorrow to see what's next. Still have a very rapid heartbeat and shortness of breath on any exertion. Going to nephrologist tomorrow & CT of abdomen on Saturday. They couldn't do it today because they didn't want to wait for the prep. I would have liked it to be all done together, but just didn't work out that way. Linda

3 comments:

  1. So glad there weren't any blood clots. You gave us quite a scare. I know they WILL figure out what is going on with you. Until then, just rest and don't over-exert yourself. You should be an old pro at tests, scans and doctors appointments by now! What's a few more?? :) I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very good news that there were no clots. Believe me, you weren't the only one with a racing pulse today :) This is another speed bump, or pothole, but NOT a road block. We love you!

    Shawn, Jen, Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. you raised two very smart children. listen to what they have to say. :) you're in our thoughts and prayers always.

    ReplyDelete