Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010

Very hard to believe.....after going through chemo since last summer and into the fall, then beginning again in December and finishing up in the spring....I am done! I went through every season having chemo. It felt incredibly long to me and it was incredibly difficult. For everyone who tells me it went fast and they can't believe I'm done, "No, it was NOT fast, it was horrendous." If I didn't have my family & good friends, I never could have completed this. It was a monumental challenge and I JUST WANT TO FEEL BETTER ONE OF THESE DAYS! I would like to stop taking Zofran around the clock, being in a constant state of exhaustion and nausea. OK, I'm done complaining. I want to send condolences to the Grunenwald & Lalama families. I am so sorry about Moosie. Kara, please get better...I need you.
Linda

5 comments:

  1. Believe me, I am trying! I miss you! Now remember, you are DONE with chemo and you need to keep looking ahead to the future. Each day will find you feeling a little bit better. And before you know it, you'll be well on your way to feeling good again. No chemo looming ahead to knock you back down again. Take a step back and look at all you've accomplished over the past 8 months. You are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Kara CONGRATULATIONS LINDA!!!!! Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So HAPPY for you, Linda! I know it certainly was the most difficult thing you've ever been through, but you are done now. Feel better, my thoughts are with you.
    Cindy Dota

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! so happy to hear you're all done! be very very proud of yourself. siesta key, here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We are all so proud of you. Believe us, it was NOT fast for us either :) But you are done, and when you start feeling better, just like Kara said, there won't be another chemo around the corner to knock you down again. Just take it slow, one step and one day at a time. Keep up those positive thoughts! We love you!

    Shawn, Jen, & Cooper

    ReplyDelete