Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday, March 26, 2010

I went in to get fluids today, along with steroids & anti-nausea meds. I was feeling very weak, tired, fast pulse, short of breath on exertion, you name it. My Dad took me so we had a nice long visit at chemo (all 4 hours of it!) I asked my nurse when I would feel better. She said anywhere from 6-8 months. Although the drug leaves the body sooner than that, the effects hang around forever! The drugs all have a cumulative action, so their effects just keep building & building in your system. Now that they have worked their magic and practically did me in, they can start leaving any time now. Good riddance. Shirley C., thank you for your constant stream of inspiration. Carole T., thank you for the gift card. Karen L., thank you for your loyal following on the blog ~ and Happy Belated Birthday! Tonight, Karlynn & Mackenzie came over...the best medicine of all! Linda

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! The girls had a great time tonight. Hope you did, too! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is here and you will be back to your old self very soon!!!! Soak up some sun while we have it!!! Love Ya Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and steady on your activities. You can't go from 0 to 60 just like that. Do a little bit at a time, and you'll work back up and get stronger every day.

    We love you!
    Shawn, Jen, & Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda-

    I've tried to follow your progress. You're right! The days DON'T go fast when you're trying to get better. You're doing great.
    If you get any bats in your house, I'll come and get them for you!
    Be home soon. Hang tough.
    Love you-
    Debbie & Pete

    ReplyDelete