Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another trip to the ER ~ from Kara

I apologize that this blog isn't being updated as frequently as I'd like. It has been a rough few weeks. Mom is still in intense pain and keeps getting extremely nauseated. Today she landed back in the ER at Northside. Yesterday she had developed a new, sharp pain in her upper left chest. It was causing her A LOT of discomfort. Then today her chest tube began draining at the incision site. A call to her nurse resulted in her being sent to the hospital. She had a chest Xray, EKG, lab work, etc. They also gave her morphine for the pain, and fluids. My dad just called from the hospital to let me know that now she is having a CT scan. I believe they ordered it because she is post-op and they want to be sure that there are no blood clots, etc. It has been over 5 hours and they are still at the hospital. I will update when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment