Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Morning

Yesterday, I went to church for the first time since my saga began. It was so good to see everyone, the congregation clapped that I was back. That was nice. I will say those pews are awfully hard when your back & ribs (fractured) are leaning on them. Ouch! Saturday, I had an esophogram @ NSH and my friend was my X-ray tech. Thanks, Diane. I was very glad to see her. She let me sit for the test because I was feeling awfully weak. Anyway, Dr. Marina was making sure that I didn't have any esophageal strictures from the radiation. And, I didn't! Just some gas in the esophagus they feel may be surgery related. I can't figure that one out. Anyone have any ideas on that? I had been exhausted, having muscle weakness, trembling, & feeling generally terrible. I stopped the Reglan after the last dose Friday night and it has made a big difference. Also, on Saturday, Kara &  I went to a wonderful spa-like place in Columbiana called Shine. Alan saw them on the news and wrote down the information. This darling girl started taking care of chemo patients who lose their hair after her mother had breast cancer, lost her hair, & had a terrible experience at a shop on Mahoning Avenue. They had her sit on a chair in the middle of the store & try on wigs. I had a consultation in a PRIVATE cheerful room and picked out a wig. It looks so like my hair, I knew it was the one immediately. Now, if I start to lose my hair, I call her, she overnights the wig, and I go in the next day. She said she will come in on her day off  if necessary. She will shave my head :(  and cut & style the wig. Now, that is taken care of, I feel much better. Everyone who has been through this tells me to just get shaved. As traumatic as it may be, it is better than waking up with large clumps of hair on your pillow or falling out as you eat, shop, etc. Since the wig is from the Raquel Welch line, I figure some talent agent might pick me up. Hahaha!  Shawn, Jen, & Cooper are coming in from Charlotte on Tuesday night. They will have to leave for home after dinner on Christmas because of Jen's work.We're all just so happy that they'll be home for Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas, enjoy your families & GOOD HEALTH!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds (and looks) like you are doing much better. We are so happy about that. Nothing but positive thoughts from now on!! You are doing great. We love you! Merry Christmas!

    Love,
    Shawn, Jen & Cooper

    ReplyDelete