Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CHEMO ROUND II

I went to the oncologist yesterday. He was also pleased with the results of the preoperative chemo and radiation. I start my next course of chemo on December  28th. He was going to start on the 21st, but I got an extension. It will be for 12 weeks, a combination of two different drugs. They will see if I can tolerate the one, lots of nausea/vomiting associated with it. I have medications to take at home ( Emend & Compazine), and they medicate a lot prior to each treatment. This is my final stretch. I'm not looking forward to it, for sure. I hope to remain strong, eat, hydrate, & keep some strength up. Then, I will be very happy to say "Good-Bye"" to my onccologist. There is one possible side effect that I am dreading. However, I am going to be proactive and have an appt. with a specialized hairdresser, you get my drift. So anyway, the saga continues. Hope your holidays are going well. Linda

3 comments:

  1. wow! can't believe you're embarking on your final phase. what an inspiration you are to all who know you. hope you get to enjoy the holidays with your family -- you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will be an old pro at this. take your nausea meds and drink, drink, drink! you'll be all done before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep eating and hydrated. It will be over before you know it. Side effects are nothing compared to the results you have had already.

    Love
    Shawn, Jen, & Cooper

    ReplyDelete