Friday, October 2, 2009

We're getting close!

Today at radiation Rx, I got what they call a "boost." They explained the field that was being radiated was being reduced and now the final, very concentrated, refined areas would be focused on. Next Thursday is my last radiation. Next Monday is my last chemo. I was there at Cancer Care for 4 1/2 hours today getting extra fluids and meds to "boost" me up for the weekend. I figure I have about six  phases to get through.    Phase I: radiation & chemo, Phase II: recovery period, Phase III: surgery, Phase IV: recovery period, Phase V: More chemotherapy, Phase VI: recovery period. Anyway, after my fluids today, Alan & I actually went OUT to eat. Amazing! My biggest deal this weekend is to TRY to go to the "pumpkin patch" with the kids. My huge weekend. Oh, to the person who didn't believe I ate a piece of toast this morning and was checking for crumbs, and checking the toaster for heat coming out of it, I have a surprise for you, (you know who you are.) Anyway, just kidding, I know how you care. And, by the way, there was juice in the glass! Love ya'. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy your day, Linda

9 comments:

  1. so happy you're nearing the end of this phase of your treatment. you're doing so fabulously. enjoy the pumpkin patch with karlynn and kenzie. hope you all find the "great pumpkin." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you actually felt up to going out to eat tonight! That is awesome! I know Dad was absolutely thrilled. And, you are lucky you have so many people who want to make sure you are actually eating ... even if they have to check for evidence. :) It will be nice to try and do something fun this weekend! Hope you are having a great night's sleep. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT IS SO GREAT TO HEAR GOOD NEWS. WE ALL LOVE YOU AND ARE PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!!!!! Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe once you find yourself a nice pumpkin and it serves it's purpose outside,we can think about pumpkin pie and fattening you up and gaining all the strength back!!!!i may just pop in at anytime and "check" to see what you have eaten and if the fluids are being taken in.you have done incredible and we will keep it up.anytime you want a fri.boost for the weekend, you know i am willing and ready to go sit and chat awhile.talk to you soon. love deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe you went OUT to eat. That was awesome. Just don't over do it!!! You are so close, then a nice break for awhile. This week will sail by with no problem :)
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mom, I hope you are feeling better this afternoon than you were this morning when I talked to you. I called but dad said you were sleeping. Remember ~ chemo tomorrow (your last one!) and more steroids to pump you up again! Hope your stomach is better! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so glad to hear you are just about finished with your treatment! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1 more chemo, 4 rads and you are done!!!!! hang in there, you have done a fantastic job and i am ohhhhhhh soooooo proud of you!!! keep up the good work, phase 1 will be over before you know it!!!!!! Love ya, sissymama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda...wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. Always loved working together. . We use to have such great conversations. Glad you're reaching the end of your first trestment course. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete