Thursday, October 22, 2009

Monitor Results

After waiting all day, the Dr. finally callled me at 4:45 yesterday to give me the results. He said the entire 24 hours that I wore the heart monitor showed no irregular rhythms, just tachycardia (I knew that.) It appears I have a rapid heartbeat that may be due to chemo that is still in my system or other underlying causes related to my disease. I have been trying to walk approx. 1/2 mile a day. I did 1 mile yesterday broken up into 2 walks. I see my surgeon next Wednesday so I am trying to get as strong as possible. I want to present a healthy appearance to him. Then, as long as my CT-scan next Tuesday shows shrinkage of the tumors, I will be a surgery candidate once I heal from chemo & radiation & my counts come back up. Have a good day, Linda

4 comments:

  1. Not to worry; you are definitely going to be a candidate for surgery. TRY not to worry for the next week. Glad your monitor results were normal, this is good news. You are doing great! Hang in there! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad to hear everything was ok with the monitor.i'm glad you are walking to build up strength,just don't wear yourself out.i'll talk to you in the next day or so as i love to hear your peppy voice!!!love you debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice walk today! You still walk more than I am able to :) GREAT news from Koval & the cardiologist on your monitor. That definitely makes me confident :)

    Love
    Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. linda keep of the good work. you can walk more than i can... keeping you in my prayers dr c

    ReplyDelete