Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday

I got the Neulasta today. So far, so good. The nurse said some people require Percodan for about a week following the shot. I don't think that will be necessary. I'm counting on Ibuprofen to relieve the pain. However, I don't know what I'm dealing with and hope I don't regret these words. I did find out today that my Potassium & Magnesium are really low. I have to get IV potassium on Friday again. There goes another four hours. I am also now taking potassium and magnesium. The magnesium gets crushed in applesauce and that's manageable. The potassium is a liquid that gets diluted in juice. It tastes horrible...like drinking salt water. This Cisplatin is really doing a number on my body-and I've only had two doses of it! As long as it works on any nasty little cells that might be lurking around, I'll deal with all the other stuff. I don't have much choice. Linda

4 comments:

  1. Thinking if you and hoping you won't need narcs for pain but if you do don't hesitate. This is just temporary... Hope you have a good day tomorrow!!!! Remember Spring is around the corner and we will all feel better when we can get out of the house.. Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! The sun always makes everyone feel better. Hang in there and take the meds/supplements you need to. You won't be taking them forever. One day, your kitchen counters won't look like a drug store. :) It's supposed to be fairly nice out and sunny today -- maybe you can take a little walk if you feel up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    I am a friend of Karen Lodyn's, work with her at OSC.Just wanted you to know there are lots of people out there cheering for you,ones you don't even know!I have been checking up on you for several weeks.I just finished up 32 radiation treatments to my neck at UPMC, the people there are wonderful.We also visit Siesta Key quite often,my son even went to school there at the Ringling School of Art, so I enjoy your pictures, know just the view you have posted.Hope to see you there on the beach!Love, Cindy Dota

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that the three of us can go out for coffee as soon as you feel better Linda!!! Love Karen

    ReplyDelete