Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Success

I was able to receive my chemo today. All six hours of it. Although, my WBC'S and neutrophils were borderline..they were on the right side of the border to receive the Cisplatin. I got a large amount of anti-nausea drugs, steroids, & fluids prior to the chemo. I found out that they add Mannitol to the Cisplatin. That certainly explains the frequent bathroom trips. Tomorrow, Kara will take me back for a shot of Neulasta. Not exactly looking forward to that. A shot that causes bones, muscles, & joints to ache & pain. Also, as the cells reform & mature, you get pain in the sternum, hips, legs, arms, back, etc. Wow, what's left not to hurt? I would say my head, but that's hurting, too. My nurse said the chemo is working on the follicles and causing scalp pain. Now, this could mean my hair may fall out or stay in. I'm taking a wait and see attitude on that one. There's really nothing I can do about it, so I'll take that as it comes. I think this catches you up on my news. I will be going in on Friday for rescue fluids (and Potassium if it fell again.) Here's to orange juice, bananas, strawberries, baked potatoes, etc." Long live Potassium Rich Foods!" Linda

2 comments:

  1. halfway done! you go! can you believe how far you've come and how much you've been through. what a role model you are for karlynn and kenzie -- do they get their dance moves from you too????

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to receive the chemo today :) One step closer to the end. We are so proud of you! Keep up the good work and most importantly the positive attitude.

    Love,
    Shawn, Jen, Cooper

    ReplyDelete