Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowy Saturday, Neulasta effects, etc.

Well, I spoke too soon about the Neulasta. The effects kicked in about 24 hours after I got the shot. I had a lot of pain in my neck, lower back, hips, and especially my legs (femurs.) I also had a bad headache and was sick all day Thursday and Thursday night. By the time I went to therapy Friday morning, they took me directly back and started vitals. By the time Debbie had parked the car and walked in the office, they were already hooking up the fluids to the mediport. I had Kytril, Ativan, Decadron, Potassium and fluids. We were there four hours and just sat in the dark without the TV on, and Debbie & I talked occassionally. I was really sick yesterday. I had to lie down in the back seat to get there..haven't had to do that in awhile. When I got home, I was exhausted and slept for 1 1/2 hours. I can only imagine the Neulasta is working in there helping my white blood cells to grow & mature. Something is going on! Be careful if you have to go out today. Welcome to all my followers. I love hearing from you. Linda

2 comments: