Monday, February 22, 2010

Dr.s Visit Today

Well, I spoke with the oncologist today and we made a mutual decision that I can't tolerate the Cisplatin. The effects were too toxic to my body as I explained in my previous post. I also can't take the Carboplatin because of ear & kidney toxicity which I already have. So we will proceed with the Gemzar by itself. He hasn't really given this drug alone with my type of cancer, however with the results from the surgery, he thinks it will be beneficial. I have three more doses of Gemzar and once I complete that, Dr. said I will have received approximately 80% of the treatment. I get one week off to recover between treatment #2 and #3. It really knocks out the platelets, WBC'c, & RBC's. After that a shot of Neulasta (OUCH), then the last 2 treatments. Then, I think he said in eight weeks after chemo is done, I will get a PET scan and that will really tell us a lot. So, I am sure you know I am REALLY anxious to complete this ordeal. Thank you North Side Surgery friends for the beautiful flower arrangement. It looks lovely. It makes me think of all of you. Take care,Linda

4 comments:

  1. God Bless You Linda!!! Glad you are home. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made the right choice in continuing on with the last few treatments. Just to be safe. Its the right thing to do, and sure its very very tough but so are you. You can and will get through it, and when you do you can start to put this behind you and look forward to better days. I know it seems like those days are so far away, but keep on battling and it will come. You haven't given up yet, don't let it happen now! You can do it, and we are all so very proud of you.

    Love
    Shawn, Jen, & Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, good for you. You can and will do this, and you'll sleep easier knowing that you did everything to ensure that you get and stay healthy. PTBPR. LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete