Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Update ~ From Kara

Hello everyone. As many of you know, my mom has been having major issues maintaining her potassium (and now magnesium) levels. The cisplatin is really doing a number on her. Just this past Friday she was in New Castle all day, receiving fluids and potassium. By today (Monday) she was still not feeling any better. In fact, she was worse than ever. She made another trip back to New Castle for even more fluids and potassium. Her bloodwork today showed even lower potassium levels. They decided to admit her to the hospital (Northside) because she appears to need more than they can give her in an outpatient setting. So, she was in the ER from 4 to 9:30 p.m. She was then transferred to a room. My dad and I left after 10, and she STILL had not received her potassium. Once she finally does, it will hopefully make a big difference in how she feels. Also, she is discussing with her oncologist about discontinuing the cisplatin -- her body just cannot tolerate it. They would switch her to another, less harsh platinum drug. I will update again tomorrow. Please say a prayer for my mom. :) Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. sure hope she feels better today and they can get everything straightened out for her. you've got our prayers. hang in there, kara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Linda how incredibly strong and brave she is. I've never met her but I think about her every day and realize how hard this is for her. One day I will come to visit her and we can share stories about the great fun on Siesta Key. Tell her to close her eyes and remember how wonderful it feels walking in the hot sand. My prayers are with you all.
    Cindy Dota

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong Linda, You can get through this! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you... Love Karen

    ReplyDelete