Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8, 2010

The results of my CT are back and there are no new tumors! There was something that I did not tell very many people. When I had my follow-up scan in April, it showed two new nodules in my right lung that hadn't shown up in January. They were microscopic at that time and we had to just wait and see what happened. They were too small at the time to treat. We were all so anxious for the last three months. It was terribly difficult to think there might be further metastasis. Every new pain caused more nervousness & suspicion. It is safe to say that we were all pretty much a wreck. Through it all, the cards kept coming, inspirational messages and phone calls, and the prayers never stopped. Alan & Kara were with me at the Dr. for the results and Shawn was standing by his phone in NC. As we sat in the waiting room, the Dr. was behind the glass in the office giving us a huge thumbs-up. I must have been staring into space because the next thing I knew was Alan & Kara were both nudging me and telling me to look at the Dr. I immediately grabbed their hands and couldn't believe I was about to get good news. Once we went into the examining room and he came in, he said the nodules had disappeared. There was really no explanation. I know what it was, a miracle! All of your prayers were answered and I am so grateful.Linda

4 comments:

  1. Linda,
    I am so happy about your good news! You are in my prayers each day. Yes, it certainly sounds like you have been truly blessed with a miracle.

    God Bless you,
    Patti McGovern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, finally you have been blessed with good news. All of your perseverance, patience,and belief that you will get better has paid off. This is just the beginning of your road to better health.I will continue to pray for you and as always I think about you so often. Love you!!!!Karen L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you so much! Words can't explain how happy we are with the results of your scan! Let's finally do that Florida vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing. I was so nervous that I was ready to call off the rest of the day at work sick. You rock!!

    Love
    Shawn, Jen & Cooper

    ReplyDelete