Monday, April 19, 2010

Update from Kara

Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since my mom has posted. I just thought I'd let everyone know what has been going on: ... absolutely nothing. :) Mom has been taking it very easy. She hasn't posted because there really hasn't been any change or anything new to report. We are currently working on reconditioning her body. Her cardiologist told her that although there is no damage to her heart muscle, that it is as if she has been in a serious car accident which caused severe trauma - and she will have to rebuild her strength. She has to re-train her muscles to utilize oxygen more efficiently so that her heart does not have to do all the work. He mentioned cardio-pulmonary rehab, which I think would be a good idea. In the meantime, she is trying to move more - walking laps around the house, etc. Thank you to Karen C. for continuing to come over and draw blood -- we are thinking of you and praying that all goes well at your next appointment.

2 comments:

  1. GLAD TO HEAR THAT THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO YOUR HEART!!! YOU WILL GET STRONGER EACH DAY.WE ARE ALL STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started taking yoga classes recently and it got me thinking about you, Linda.

    It is a very gentle exercise that helps with breathing, muscle conditioning, endurance, and mood.

    If you ever want to give it a try, there are several yoga videos on YouTube. I would recommend Denise Austin. Or I can come over and do yoga with you! :)

    I hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete