Saturday, September 26, 2009

Not such a good week

Hi Everyone. Sorry about the lapse in the blog. It's safe to say when I don't come on here for days, I'm not having a very good week. Mon. & Tues. were ok. By Wednesday, I was needing fluids again. I slept all day Wed. & Thurs., like a zombie. Friday, after radiation, I stopped in at chemo & they gave me IV fluids, an IV drip of Kytril (for nausea), an IV drip of steroids, and IV push of Ativan (for nausea). I was there for four hours. (Thanks, Debbie, I owe you BIG TIME! We did have a great conversation.) Afterwards, I must say I felt better. Debbie stopped at Mcdonald's on the way home & pulled a cagey little trick with the french fries! I was just glad I was able to eat. Dehydration occurs very quickly when you don't eat or drink. The oncology nurses are funny. They were telling me it was important to get feeling better before the weekend, because it was going to be a long weekend. Now, I know, I'm not that out of it. I'm trying to think up holidays that I'm missing for the weekend. They just meant they wouldn't be around on the weekend and feeling lousy all weekend long could make 2 days seem like 17 days. That's for sure!  Anyway, today seems good. I slept well, ate, & I am sitting upright. Ahhh, the little things in life that mean so much! HAHAHA. Have a good weekend-enjoy your days. Linda

7 comments:

  1. glad to see you back on here. :) hope it continues to be a good weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking 1,000 percent better today than you did over the last few days. You are almost done with this. Won't be long now! I am glad you are drinking the pomegranate juice -- keep up the good work with the fluids! We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. think of you often..get better so you can answer my; phone at work.. have a good weekend. i am decorating for halloween

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the hard work Linda! I am always thinking about you and am continuing to pray that God will give you the strength that you need day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound sooooo much better this weekend than you did earlier in the week. That makes everyone else feel better too :) Don;'t ever hesitate to get the fluids, they help! You are almost done with this! We love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope you are filling yourself full of fluids.hopefully next fri. we can get in more than a few pretzels and fries!!!!big lunch at tanner's maybe??? i am so honored to be able to help you in any way that i can,you never owe me anything!!!!i really enjoyed our conversation and felt bad you didn't sleep a bit tho.i can carry on a conversation with myself if need be ( i often do with chuck in the car,unless it involves sports somehow or caleb!!)i am glad you are feeling better but please remember..FLUIDS,FLUIDS and more FLUIDS.
    see you fri.but i will call you in the meantime.love you much, debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOPE THAT YOU HAD A GOOD WEEKEND YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS LOVE,KAREN

    ReplyDelete