Monday, November 2, 2009

White Count

I just got a call from the oncologist and the white count they drew today went back down to 2.5. I have to get another done on Thursday and if it doesn't show an increase, I have to get some sort of  IV medication at the oncologists' to boost the count. I thought I would be done with testing this Wednesday after my pulmonary function tests and arterial blood gases. Yuck, it never ends. Still trying to get the infection settled down in my finger so there is no conflict with the surgery next Wednesday. I think the chemo suppressed things so much that the scleroderma went WILD! Another bump in the road ?!?   Linda

4 comments:

  1. I researched and I think it will either be Neupogen or Neulasta. Neupogen is given more frequently and works, I believe, more quickly than Neulasta. Milder side effects, too. Pretty effective in raising the counts, so I wouldn't worry! Plenty of time to get you back up there! Gotta deal with the bumps in the road in order to reach your destination! :)

    "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
    -Dolly Parton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another bump, sure. But not a pothole.

    STAY STRONG, STAY TOUGH, FIGHT THE BATTLES AND WIN THIS WAR!!! You can do it.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you better buck up and stay positive...your daughter has resorted to quoting dolly parton. lol. keep your chin up. it's just another chapter in your inspirational memoir. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many actual "bumps" did we drive over getting to radiation? this will be an easier bump to get over and you have to remember that.kara is great at researching and i tend to agree with her choice also, rememeber you have the right to tell the dr.your opinion!!!and dolly is right, to see the rainbow you have to have rain and yes sometimes storms(scleroderma)and hail and wind,but you got this far!!!i'll talk to you soon.love you, debbie

    ReplyDelete