Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hi Everyone. I think it's time for an update. I have been going to physical therapy and I do think it's helping. My legs are much stronger, I can walk further distances and I don't feel as weak. I had the second 2-D echo of my heart and it still showed a small amount of fluid around the heart. The cardiologist said he didn't feel it was causing any symptoms or compressing the heart. He said it would be too risky to put a needle into the sternum and try to withdraw the fluid because it could lacerate the ventricle. He also said they could do a pericardial window in surgery, but I said NO WAY! That's not going to happen-sometimes you just have to say no! I also have been having a lot of pain in my back so I had a bone scan on Tuesday. After I got injected with the radioisotope, I had to drink water for two hours prior to the actual scan. I went to surgery and got to see everyone while I waited. It was really great to see everyone. The scan took about an hour and the Dr. called and said there were two spots on the thoracic spine that they want to double check. He thinks it is degenerative arthritic changes. Now, I have to have an MRI. Then, I'll be in limbo once again just waiting for results. That is very difficult. Hope this gets everyone up to date. Thank you for the prayers-you are all very special people. Linda

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the update. glad to hear the physical therapy is helping. i thought of you this week because i've had a pretty painful earache. at one point, i thought, "i just can't take this pain anymore." and then i thought of you and felt pretty darned stupid. :) i hope you know just how incredible, brave and inspiring you are. keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Update* MRI was all clear -- good news!

    You are doing great, looking and sounding better every day. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete